San Francisco, the city that banned plastic bags, bottled water and Styrofoam, is taking another big step down the path to sustainable urban living. In March 2011, the City of San Francisco will begin installing more than 17,000 LED street lighting fixtures, effectively replacing most city-owned street lamps.
Trending on GRN
- Matt & Nat Whilem Loom Hobo Handbag
- These 5 healthier snack bars pack nutrition, not fillers
- Save nature and free time — install a Pocket Prairie
- Pecans could fight neurological disease
- DIY drip line irrigation – an efficient way to water your…
- 7 top green residential buildings in the U.S.
- Cartoon contest satirizes government interference in…
- Water: What’s really terrifying