San Francisco, the city that banned plastic bags, bottled water and Styrofoam, is taking another big step down the path to sustainable urban living. In March 2011, the City of San Francisco will begin installing more than 17,000 LED street lighting fixtures, effectively replacing most city-owned street lamps.
Trending on GRN
- 11 faux meats that are delicious, nutritious, hexane-free…
- Farm Kings will make you feel guiltier than The Biggest…
- Hurricane Ike: worse because of global warming?
- Help hummingbirds by feeding them correctly
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- Chicago Green Festival at Navy Pier May 22-23
- ‘Farm in a Barrel’: Raise fish and grow your own
- Getting water wise by catching the rain