Other than the 2012 Olympics, it’s been a discouraging hot, drought-y month this July. Greenland ice sheets are melting ominously. India plunged into darkness and panic amid two days of massive electrical outages. Cargill recalled about 15 tons of tainted hamburger in the Mid-Atlantic and the New England states. And there are disheartening reports about crop failures in the mighty U.S. “bread basket”.
Trending on GRN
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- Got rBST-free milk?
- How to make your Keurig more eco-friendly
- 12 fish you should never eat
- HOAs must consider drought-tolerant landscaping under new…
- Climate change in New England: Scientists appeal to…
- Cleaning up school bus emissions
- Green Test Drive: Scion iQ