The House version of the new farm bill is a “fiscal time bomb,” says Scott Faber of the EWG. In this blog, he explains how the bill would fatten subsidies to big producers, leave small farmers in the lurch and foster an unhealthy trend of natural lands being gobbled up by Big Ag concerns.
Trending on GRN
- 11 faux meats that are delicious, nutritious, hexane-free…
- Reusable lunch gear that really works
- ‘Farm in a Barrel’: Raise fish and grow your own
- Help hummingbirds by feeding them correctly
- The “Go Green Initiative” helps teachers,…
- Chicago Green Festival at Navy Pier May 22-23
- Hurricane Ike: worse because of global warming?
- Good fences: Made with bamboo