Despite opposition from farm and food groups, and a petition on SIgnOn.org, Congress passed the controversial Monsanto Protection Act on Thursday, freeing the giant biotech firm, and others like it, from annoying oversight by the USDA. Read about this window into how Washington works, for companies that are big enough.
Trending on GRN
- Nature in Danger: Orangutans are gentle apes facing extreme…
- Rising temperatures, shrinking snowpack fuels Western…
- Lowe’s offers more recycling options to customers
- Cool Buy: Eco Born eyewear made of recycled materials
- A new report asks: Should the U.S. State Department be…
- Florida Keys Tourism Council posts updates on oil spill
- Green Corn Project Fall Fundraiser Silent Auction
- It’s A Fiesta!