Warning: This story will really take the fun out of your snack foods. But read it if you’re ready to eat responsibly by avoiding “conflict palm oil” in your cookies, crackers and chocolate nibbles. A bonus: Rainforest Action Network has released a list of the 20 major snack companies using destructive palm oil. If you want to save orangutans and help the ancestral human residents of tropical forests, you’ll make a note of this list.
Trending on GRN
- Sustainable and stylish — Overbrooke’s totes and
- TreeHouse plans to expand
- 4 DIY gifts that can be created in less time than you spend…
- Community gardens: A plot for growing and eating locally
- Are you crunchy?
- Atrazine still polluting water; Texas tests show high levels
- Slowing Down On The Farm: The Story Of The Straus Dairy
- Stuck in a box: Crayola needs to work on its green