As the gifting season unfolds, it will occur to many of us in fortunate places to spread the wealth — and doing so has never been easier. Dozens of groups operating on the Internet are working hard to help homeless veterans, impoverished families, refugees and oppressed women and children….Those mentioned here have a long history or were vetted by BlendedProfit, a new organization that aims to grow the “good” economy by aggregating reliable, socially conscious businesses. BlendedProfit and Social Innovators Collective combined to create the Social Impact Holiday Gift Guide, which suggested some of the selections below.
Trending on GRN
- City of Austin wants public input for Bull Creek Park Master
- Meet the guru of the ‘Power of Just Doing Stuff’
- High speed rail: Getting Texas on track
- Cartoon contest satirizes government interference in…
- Are you crunchy?
- Good fences: Made with bamboo
- Worried about toxic ingredients in cleaners? See our new…
- Atrazine still polluting water; Texas tests show high levels