San Francisco, the city that banned plastic bags, bottled water and Styrofoam, is taking another big step down the path to sustainable urban living. In March 2011, the City of San Francisco will begin installing more than 17,000 LED street lighting fixtures, effectively replacing most city-owned street lamps.
Trending on GRN
- Save nature and free time — install a Pocket Prairie
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- Lowe’s offers more recycling options to customers
- 11 faux meats that are delicious, nutritious, hexane-free…
- DIY drip line irrigation – an efficient way to water your…
- Creating an organic vegetable garden: It’s not so…
- How to avoid BPA and its ‘evil twin’ BPS
- 7 top green residential buildings in the U.S.