June Williamson, co-author of Retrofitting Suburbia, and landscape architect Anne Vaterlaus have designed a very appealing conceptual demonstration project in the LA suburb of Pico Rivera, on the edge of the San Gabriel Valley. The community is working-class, 92 percent Latino, and relatively low-income. Air pollution levels are high.
Trending on GRN
- Save nature and free time — install a Pocket Prairie
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- 11 faux meats that are delicious, nutritious, hexane-free…
- Lowe’s offers more recycling options to customers
- DIY drip line irrigation – an efficient way to water your…
- How to avoid BPA and its ‘evil twin’ BPS
- A Letter From Austin Parks Foundation’s Executive…
- 7 top green residential buildings in the U.S.