Throwaway toys come under fire — actually they’re already on fire

If you’ve ever taken a pre-schooler out to eat, you’ll know that toys are a powerful lure. We adults consider appetizers, drinks, entrees, pricing, calories and ambiance, evaluating a matrix that leads us to lunch.
But five-year-olds are at the mercy of their bellies, and the pull of shiny baubles. A five-year-old wants food and treats.

Merry Christmas, Elmo Lives!

Good news. Elmo Alive! is, well, alive — and well! And whew, just in time for Christmas.

So if you’ve got an Elmo Alive! under wraps for your favorite toddler, worry not. He might scare a kid or two not ready for a noisy red furball, but he won’t poison them. He’s non-toxic, according to a list just released by Healthy

Healthy Toys compiled a list of most popular toys based on votes from readers and then sent them (the toys not the readers) for lab testing. Tests revealed that none of the popular toys were “high” for toxins. Some were “medium” and many were ranked as “low”, like Elmo Alive!, meaning they contained no lead, bromine, cadmium, chlorine, arsenic or mercury (or in some cases only trace amounts considered safe).