Climate change will continue to worsen wildfires in the U.S., with the area burned each year expected to double by 2050, according to a report released this week by the USDA’s Forestry Service. But that’s not all. Profound changes are ahead for forests in the Midwest, Southeast and Northeast, as climate change rearranges natural habitats.
Trending on GRN
- Sustainable and stylish — Overbrooke’s totes and
- TreeHouse plans to expand
- High speed rail: Getting Texas on track
- 4 DIY gifts that can be created in less time than you spend…
- Community gardens: A plot for growing and eating locally
- Are you crunchy?
- Healthy (some say icky) foods to eat to get Vitamin K2,…
- Slowing Down On The Farm: The Story Of The Straus Dairy