Across Africa, the mighty lion is in decline. Under pressure from illegal hunters and loss of habitat, the lions’ population has slipped to less than 35,000 across territory that represents only 25 percent of its historic range. The picture’s even worse for lions in West Africa, according to a study published this week.
Trending on GRN
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- Got rBST-free milk?
- A Starbucks boycott percolates over Fair Trade and organic…
- Oy, I’m confused about soy
- Cleaning up school bus emissions
- Six top air purifiers to get the dust and pollen out
- ‘Chasing Ice’: Powerful film captures gorgeous,…
- EPA resources can improve your school’s environment